(「Large-scale JCM feasibility study projects in Asia」by Ministry of the Environment of Japan 2013~)
The local governments’ pursuit of development measures, participation of the local people, corporations and organizations, and good governance form the foundations of low-carbon development in cities. ocal Government Platform’s purpose is to pursue bilateral cooperation through sharing the experiences, information and technologies of many Asian local governments, as well as providing useful information.
In addition, the Platform aims to:
● Create networks of local governments interested in building low-carbon cities
● Demonstrate the potential for transmitting the technologies and experiences of Japanese corporations and local governments
● Disseminate information domestically and internationally
● Implement low-carbon measures by local governments using bottom-up approaches
● Encourage capacity building