Got any questions? I will be happy to assist. Please contact me at iclei(at)iclei.org
ICLEI and IGES will co-host the "Zero Carbon City International Forum 2023", organised by the Ministry of the Environment (MOE), Japan and the Office of Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, the United States of America on March 1, to accelerate subnational climate actions globally by sharing leading practices across borders.
This year, the forum intends to discuss measures to promote cooperation between national and subnational governments, given the upcoming “G7 Ministers’ Meeting on Climate, Energy and Environment in Sapporo” to be held on April 15 and 16, 2023. The forum also aims to expand and widely disseminate integrated urban initiatives through sharing advanced practices on net-zero transition, resilience and multiple benefits.
* This recording video will be uploaded on April.
- 9:30-12:00 (JST) Part 1：Opening and High-Level Sessions （Tokyo + Online）
- Opening remarks
- Keynote Speeches: Subnational climate actions, a key for the net zero agenda
- High-level session 1: Urban transformation and the role of national government
- High-level session 2: Cities' commitments to net zero
- Panel discussion: promoting urban initiatives
- 15:00-17:30 (JST) Part 2: High-Level Seminar on Sustainable Cities (Online)
- Keynote presentations: City-to-city collaboration, as a way to enhance urban sustainability
- Session 1: Synergies with the circular economy
- Session 2: Synergies with a nature positive economy
- Summary Session
- 18:00-20:30 (JST) Part 3: Thematic Sessions (Online)
- Keynote presentation: Key takeaway from the Summary for Urban Policymakers (SUP) report
- Session 1-1: Synergies of decarbonization and resilience
- Session 1-2: Synergies of decarbonization and digital technology * This recording video will be uploaded on April.
- Session 2: Strengthening multi-level cooperation
- Summary session